The Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI) recently announced the opening of registration for HSMAI’s MEET National, the meeting and event-planning industry’s premier show focused on Meetings, Events, Education and Technology, and invites all qualified meeting and event professionals to attend.
Taking place Sept. 5-6, 2012, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C., HSMAI’s MEET National offers professionals an opportunity to gain unique insight and connect with other professionals in order to forge new business relationships. Registration is complimentary for qualified planners thanks to the generous support of HSMAI’s MEET exhibitors and sponsors.
This year’s event will again provide registrants with a variety of exclusive benefits including:
• Educational opportunities through HSMAI’s MEET University, an interactive educational program led by top industry experts
• One-on-one meeting opportunities through HSMAI’s TEEM Up, a reverse tradeshow structure that allows relevant supplier partners to meet with interested attendees
• Personalized assistance from HSMAI’s MEET Concierge, who can schedule appointments with various vendors and suppliers based on personal needs
• And an online tool, HSMAI’s MEET On, which allows networking and educational enrichment throughout and beyond the two-day conference
“Last year’s first-ever HSMAI’s MEET National show was an enormous success, and we’re dedicated to making the industry’s premier show the best yet,” said Fran Brasseux, HSMAI executive vice president. “We’ve listened to the feedback of our attendees to target exactly what they need to continue to grow as professionals and are offering the best-possible networking and educational opportunities.”
HSMAI’s MEET University Sessions Include:
• General Session: You Say More Than You Think: How to Use the New Body Language to Get What You Want presented by body language expert, New York Times best-selling author and speaker, Janine Driver
• HSMAI’s MEET On Hybrid Sessions will be numerous, and include such topics as: Ending the Office Clutter; Technologies for Event Marketing; Demystifying International Sourcing; The Neuroscience of Learning and Meeting; and Small Meetings vs. Simple Meetings.
Applications are now being taken for HSMAI’s TEEM Up, the reverse tradeshow. HSMAI has partnered with several organizations to bring the top-level planners who will take part in this fresh way to connect buyers and suppliers through scheduled appointments. To participate in HSMAI’s TEEM Up, check to see if you qualify on the HSMAI MEET Website. Only qualified applicants can participate.
Additionally, HSMAI’s MEET University Workshop: Meeting & Event Planning Back to Basics will take place Sept. 5-6. This interactive workshop will provide an in-depth review of how to master the various aspects of meeting planning and management. The separate registration includes exposition, lunch and sessions led by Vicki A. Betzig, CMP.
“We’ve put HSMAI’s MEET in our budget for 2012 because we met many new customers at HSMAI’s MEET National 2011,” said Barb Bowden, general manager, The Peabody Orlando. “HSMAI’s show provides exactly what we need, and we expect the same great success at this year’s National show.”
Booth space is available. Interested exhibitors should contact Craig Baker, account manager, exhibition sales, J. Spargo & Associates, (703) 679-3942, or visit hwww.hsmaimeet.com for more information about HSMAI’s MEET.
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is committed to growing business for hotels and their partners, and is the industry’s leading advocate for intelligent, sustainable hotel revenue growth. The association provides hotel professionals & their partners with tools, insights, and expertise to fuel sales, inspire marketing, and optimize revenue through programs such as HSMAI’s MEET, Adrian Awards, and Revenue Optimization Conference. HSMAI is an individual membership organization comprising more than 7,000 members worldwide, with 40 chapters in the Americas Region. Connect with HSMAI at www.hsmai.org, www.facebook.com/hsmai, www.twitter.com/hsmai and www.youtube.com/hsmai1.