Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants is offering a special opportunity to experience the 57th Presidential Inauguration, taking place January 21, 2013. The boutique hotel company is offering up two of its hotels—in their entirety—to two groups of colleagues, friends or family to enjoy. Details follow below:
Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel & The Grille, Alexandria, Virginia
For a luxurious Inauguration experience just minutes from Washington, D.C., guests can stay at Kimpton’s Morrison House, located in historic Old Town, Alexandria VA. Named one of the “Top 50 Hotels in the World” by readers of Travel + Leisure, Morrison House is renowned for its exceptional, award-winning service, charming Federal-style décor, and its acclaimed restaurant, The Grille at Morrison House. The hotel’s Inauguration 2013 Buyout Package is priced at $200,000, and includes accommodations for up to 90 guests for four nights, January 18-22, 2013, as well as the following amenities:
- Accommodations for up to 90 people in 45 guestrooms
- 24-hour butler service provided by a seasoned and highly-attentive staff
- Private transportation for the group to and from Inaugural Balls
- One private house car for guest use, based on availability throughout stay
- Keepsake gifts including pillowcases and silk pajamas monogrammed with the personal initials of each guest and the Inauguration date
- Daily full breakfast, lunch and dinner provided by Executive Chef Brian McPherson of The Grille at Morrison House*
- On one evening, enjoy dinner and drinks with a special performance by former White House pianist Robert Smith, who played for every administration from Nixon through Clinton
- Nightly cocktail receptions in the Library, featuring a different tasting each evening, ranging from a whiskey-tasting class to champagne-sabering demonstration and tasting
- Late evening reception at the hotel each night, catering to personal preferences of group
*Note: Overall package price can be adjusted to accommodate specific food & beverage needs of the group (a la carte options are available).
This offer must be booked by November 10, 2012, and is non-refundable. Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel is located at 116 Alfred Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314. For more information about Morrison House, visit www.morrisonhouse.com or call 703-838-8000.
Madera, a Kimpton Hotel & Firefly Restaurant, Washington, D.C.
If easy access to soirees and proximity to the Capitol are important, then Kimpton’s Hotel Madera is the way to go. The Hotel Madera 2013 Inauguration Buyout Package includes the entire 82-room boutique hotel and personalized events at its locally-loved Firefly Restaurant. Priced at $320,000, the package includes a four-night stay for up to 164 guests from January 18-22, 2013, as well as these celebratory amenities:
- In-room welcome amenity inspired by the president-elect, created by Executive Chef Danny Bortnick of Firefly Restaurant
- Keepsake signature Kimpton animal print robe embroidered with 2013 Inauguration date
- Gift of etched Riedel wine glasses with either a donkey or elephant (depending upon winning candidate)
- Inauguration “Survival Kit” with bottled water, hand warmers, and presidential ponchos in case of rain
- Cocktail party on one evening in Firefly Restaurant, featuring a personalized signature cocktail list by mixologist Jon Harris.
- All-American hot breakfast daily in the restaurant
- Four-course dinner with wine pairings on one evening of choice, created in collaboration with Executive Chef Daniel Bortnick
- Casual dinner menu available on other nights (for a light bite before heading out on the town)*
- Après-Inauguration ball social in Firefly’s lounge complete with hors d’oeuvres and cocktails
*Note: Overall package price can be adjusted to accommodate specific needs of the group, including pricing for breakfast, lunch and dinner (a la carte options are available).
This offer must be booked by Nov. 10, 2012, and is non-refundable. The four-night stay is priced at $320,000, exclusive of tax and gratuity. Madera, a Kimpton Hotel is located at 1310 New Hampshire Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20036. For more information about Hotel Madera, visit www.hotelmadera.com or call 202-296-7600.