The MeetGreen Conference Management Team recently voted on their favorite green practices to ask for when planning a conference or event. I am sure they won't mind if I share, so here are their top 12 "asks:"
- Ask for recycling at the facility
- Ask for a towel and linen reuse program
- Ask for no bottled water to be served
- Ask for bulk condiments and beverages
- Ask for excess food to be donated
- Ask for banquet water glasses not to be pre-filled
- Ask for use of china and linens; no disposables
- Ask if the venue has electronic signage
- Ask about sustainable, local food
- Ask for signs to be made of a sustainable material
- Ask for recycled content paper for printing or ask for no printing at all
- Ask client to communicate sustainability efforts and options to attendees.
What green practices does your event team ask for each time?