Thank you for being part of meetingsfocus.com forum– a virtual community for the meetings and hospitality industry. In order to ensure the best experience for all those in our community, we ask that you abide by our protocols.
- Participate openly – please ensure your signature information contains your name, title and affiliation. Consider posting your photo too – it helps for us to identify each other at industry shows and puts a face with a name.
- Commercial messages and marketing are prohibited. If a community member requests direct vendor contact, you may do so with a personal message by clicking that option in the post. (Permitted are links for education by an industry association or its chapter or a university, or by and from the owner of the Forum.)
- Please don't spam the group! Mass posts under different subject lines will be harmful to your reputation and to the community and will be removed.
- Be judicious when posting information; do not "trash" a person or entity. If you've had a negative experience with a vendor or product, you may respond personally to anyone who asks for specific information. Remember that this is a public forum and that posts are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Read carefully disclaimer and legal rules for the Forum, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
The Forum moderator and owner have the right to remove any posting or person.
And to help everyone's experience:
- If your post is a bit irrelevant and you want help from the group, add "OT" ("Off Topic") to the subject line. (These could be a suggestion for restaurants for a personal v. group meal, or suggestions for a honeymoon trip.)
- Learn and help others learn from your experiences and questions. Post links and other helpful information to a question asked or just for information.
- Don't get frustrated if you don't receive responses immediately. Sometimes people are busy or simply don't have the answers. And as our community grows in size and diversity, the better the experience will be.
- Have something to say or a question to ask and you can't have your name associated with it? Send a note to Moderator Joan Eisenstodt who will post anonymously for you.